C. S. Lewis would write that:
We all need the books that will correct the characteristic mistakes of our own period. And that means the old books. We may be sure that the characteristic blindness of the twentieth century lies where we have never suspected it. None of us can fully escape this blindness.
The only palliative is to keep the clean sea breeze of the centuries blowing through our minds, and this can be done only by reading old books.
— God in the Dock
Protestantism in Spain and Latin America suffers from a serious problem: It ignores its great authors, its classic authors, its ancient authors, who in their years accumulate wisdom and vital experience. Although nothing is more certain than that the Scriptures are and should be the fundamental pillar of faith and practice, it's no less true that the classical authors are sources of illustration that we should not despise and that we should drink from more often. Only in this way will the "clean sea breeze of the centuries" be able to clear away the characteristic blindness of the present century. According to the Bible, sometimes "the ancient path" (Jeremiah 6:16) is the one that best illuminates the way and gratifies the soul.
The goal of the Library of Christian Classics, edited by Abba, is to recover and provide Hispanic people with the wisdom God gave our ancestors in the Christian faith. It's the first time many of these titles have ever been published in Spanish, while others have been recovered and edited to be better understood in the 21st century.
The Library of Christian Classics includes classic works that Christians should read at least once in their life. They are wells of biblical wisdom that speak to us from centuries past. The Library of Christian Classics has the following features:
1. A large collection of more than 50 volumes.
2. Luxury binding in imitation leather and fabric of great aesthetic beauty.
3. Interdenominational: classical authors from all historical Protestant movements.
4. Forewords by experts on the author's work and life. In each, the biography, historical context, and work of each classic writer is detailed.
5. Interior design in two colors.
6. Extra large 12-point print so that all readers can enjoy the blessings of these classics.
7. Blank sections at the end of each chapter to take notes and enjoy a time of meditation following the reading.