John Wesley is, without a doubt, one of the most exciting figures of the 18th century. By the end of his life he had traveled around 250,000 miles (enough to circle the earth 10 times), had preached more than 40,000 sermons, and had given more than 30,000 pounds to charitable causes (the equivalent to over 6.5 million dollars today). John Wesley, along with his younger brother Charles, became the main catalyst for the 18th-century revival that spread throughout the British Isles and the American colonies. It was a time of great spiritual and social transformation on both sides of the Atlantic, which also led to the founding of one of the most powerful evangelical churches in history, the Methodist Church.
In this volume you will find John Wesley's most relevant book, "Christian Perfection." His deep theological thought and his clear and concise style have made him one of the most relevant Christian classics of the 18th century. We have also included in this volume 10 of the most notable sermons he preached throughout his extensive ministry.
Salvation by Faith
The "Almost Christian"
Awake, You Who Sleep
Justification by Faith
The Great Privilege of Those That Are Born of God
Causes of the Inefficacy of Christianity
Heavenly Treasure in Earthly Vessels
On the Holy Spirit
The goal of the Library of Christian Classics, edited by Abba, is to recover and provide Hispanic people with the wisdom God gave our ancestors in the Christian faith. It's the first time many of these titles have ever been published in Spanish, while others have been recovered and edited to be better understood in the 21st century.
The Library of Christian Classics includes classic works that Christians should read at least once in their life. They are wells of biblical wisdom that speak to us from centuries past. The Library of Christian Classics has the following features:
1. A large collection of more than 50 volumes.
2. Luxury binding in imitation leather and fabric of great aesthetic beauty.
3. Interdenominational: classical authors from all historical Protestant movements.
4. Forewords by experts on the author's work and life. In each, the biography, historical context, and work of each classic writer is detailed.
5. Interior design in two colors.
6. Extra large 12-point print so that all readers can enjoy the blessings of these classics.
7. Blank sections at the end of each chapter to take notes and enjoy a time of meditation following the reading.